Understanding Climate-Smart Agriculture
The following video explains the Climate-Smart Agriculture approach including its objectives and why it is needed.
Climate change will hit farmers, herders and fishers the hardest. The Climate-Smart Agriculture approach promotes the development of the technical, policy and investment conditions to achieve sustainable agricultural development for food security under a changing climate.
It seeks to:
- increase sustainably agricultural productivity and incomes,
- help adapt and build resilience to climate change impacts and wherever possible,
- reduces and/or removes greenhouse gases.
To make climate-smart agriculture a reality we need to:
- expand the evidence base;
- improve policies;
- empower local institutions;
- and combine new financing options.
Let’s make sure our agriculture is productive and sustainable for generations to come.